Embrace the rich culture and heritage of India with our top 10 men’s ethnic wear brands in India 2023. These brands offer an extensive range of traditional outfits that cater to the diverse tastes of the Indian population. Explore these brands and elevate your wardrobe with timeless styles and exceptional craftsmanship.
Table of Contents
1. Fabindia: Pioneering Handcrafted Ethnic Wear
Fabindia has been a prominent name in the Indian ethnic wear market since 1960. With their commitment to sourcing products from rural artisans, Fabindia has revolutionized the world of handcrafted textiles and traditional garments. Their men’s collection includes kurta, Nehru jackets, dhoti pants, and more.
- Wide variety of handwoven fabrics
- Sustainably-sourced materials
- Customization options
2. Manyavar: Celebrating the Spirit of Indian Tradition
Manyavar is synonymous with men’s ethnic wear in India. Known for their exquisite designs and attention to detail, Manyavar offers a range of sherwanis, kurtas, Indo-Western outfits, and accessories, making it a one-stop destination for all your festive and wedding needs.
- Elegant and contemporary designs
- Premium quality materials
- Wide range of accessories
3. Raymond: Ethnic Elegance with a Touch of Modernity
With an established reputation in the textile industry, Raymond is the epitome of sophistication and class. Their ethnic wear line offers an impressive selection of tailored kurtas, sherwanis, and bandhgalas, blending traditional Indian craftsmanship with modern aesthetics.
- Custom tailoring services
- High-quality materials and craftsmanship
- Unique fusion of tradition and modernity
4. Sabyasachi: Exquisite Designs for the Modern Indian Man
Sabyasachi is a household name in the Indian fashion industry, known for its intricate designs, opulent fabrics, and meticulous attention to detail. Their men’s ethnic wear collection features luxurious sherwanis, royal bandhgalas, and sophisticated kurtas, perfect for making a statement at any event.
- Signature Sabyasachi embroidery
- High-end, luxurious materials
- Custom-made designs
5. W for Woman: Versatile and Stylish Ethnic Wear
W for Woman is known for its chic and contemporary ethnic wear, catering to the modern Indian man. Their collection includes a range of kurtas, bandhgalas, and Nehru jackets in vibrant colors and innovative designs, suitable for both casual and formal occasions.
- Trendy, versatile designs
- Affordable pricing
- Wide range of sizes and styles
6. Peter England: Ethnic Wear with a Global Touch
Peter England has made its mark in the Indian fashion industry with its elegant and understated designs. Their men’s ethnic wear collection features kurtas, sherwanis, and Indo-Western ensembles, blending Indian elements with international styling.
- Modern and sophisticated designs
- Durable materials
- Wide range of sizes and colors
7. Tarun Tahiliani: Redefining Luxury Ethnic Wear
Tarun Tahiliani is an iconic Indian designer known for his innovative approach to traditional wear. His men’s ethnic wear collection showcases an array of luxurious sherwanis, bandhgalas, and kurtas that exude elegance and sophistication, making them a top choice for weddings and festive occasions.
- Signature Tarun Tahiliani embroidery
- High-quality fabrics and craftsmanship
- Bespoke tailoring services
8. Raghavendra Rathore: Royal Heritage Meets Modern Aesthetics
Raghavendra Rathore is a renowned Indian designer who draws inspiration from India’s royal heritage. His men’s ethnic wear collection features exquisite bandhgalas, sherwanis, and achkans that seamlessly blend traditional elements with modern design sensibilities.
- Rich heritage-inspired designs
- Fine craftsmanship
- Custom tailoring services
9. Shantanu & Nikhil: Contemporary Elegance in Ethnic Wear
Shantanu & Nikhil is a designer duo known for their innovative approach to Indian fashion. Their men’s ethnic wear collection includes a range of stylish and contemporary kurtas, bandhgalas, and sherwanis that cater to the modern Indian man’s tastes.
- Modern and edgy designs
- High-quality fabrics
- Attention to detail and finishing
10. Anita Dongre: Timeless Ethnic Wear with a Sustainable Touch
Anita Dongre is a celebrated Indian designer who champions sustainable fashion. Her men’s ethnic wear line, ‘Anita Dongre Menswear,’ offers a collection of eco-friendly kurtas, sherwanis, and bandhgalas that showcase traditional craftsmanship with a contemporary twist.
- Sustainable and eco-friendly materials
- Elegant and timeless designs
- Wide range of styles and sizes
Discover the perfect traditional look with our curated list of the top 10 men’s ethnic wear brands in India for 2023. These brands offer an exceptional blend of craftsmanship, quality, and style, ensuring that you make a lasting impression at every occasion.
Frequently Asked Questions: Men’s Ethnic Wear Brands in India
Q1. What type of fabrics are commonly used in men’s ethnic wear?
Ans: Men’s ethnic wear is crafted using a variety of fabrics, including cotton, silk, linen, and blends of these materials. The choice of fabric often depends on the occasion, personal preference, and regional styles. Cotton and linen are popular choices for casual kurtas, while silk and brocade are preferred for more formal events like weddings.
Q2. Can I get custom-made ethnic wear from these brands?
Ans: Many of the top men’s ethnic wear brands offer bespoke tailoring services to cater to individual preferences and body types. Brands like Fabindia, Raymond, Sabyasachi, Tarun Tahiliani, and Raghavendra Rathore are known for their customization options and made-to-measure garments.
Q3. How can I maintain the quality and longevity of my ethnic wear garments?
Proper care and maintenance of your ethnic wear are essential to ensure their longevity. Follow these general tips to keep your garments looking fresh and new:
- Always read and follow the care instructions on the garment label.
- Dry-clean delicate fabrics like silk and brocade.
- Hand-wash cotton and linen garments using mild detergent.
- Store garments in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
- Use padded hangers and garment bags to prevent damage and wrinkles.
Q4. Are there any affordable options for men’s ethnic wear?
While some designer brands are known for their luxury price points, there are affordable options available in the market. Brands like W for Woman and Peter England offer stylish and budget-friendly men’s ethnic wear, without compromising on quality and design.
Q5. How can I style my ethnic wear for different occasions?
Styling your ethnic wear can vary depending on the occasion and personal preference. Here are some tips to help you create different looks:
- For a casual look, pair a simple kurta with jeans or chinos.
- For festive occasions, opt for vibrant colors and intricate embroidery.
- Layer your kurta with a Nehru jacket or a waistcoat for added sophistication.
- Accessorize with a pocket square, cufflinks, or a statement watch to elevate your outfit.
Experiment with different combinations and accessories to create a look that suits your style and the occasion.
You may also like